Going vegan/plant based is probably one of the most important, beautiful & beneficial decisions you will ever make. For your own physical/emotional health and spiritual well being as well as that of the planet. We as a society are awakening to the truth that what is good for ourselves is also what is good for others. We are awakening to the fact that by consuming animal based foods we are endorsing the torture and suffering of other sentient beings. This is no longer necessary nor is it ideal for our health. New information is being published documenting the horrific effects of animal agriculture to the environment and to our bodies by consuming its products.
These are my favourite informational resources to inspire and help with adopting a whole food plant based lifestyle. Not only will you prevent, reverse & heal many common chronic diseases you will notice easy & natural weight loss. Fall in love with food again. Once you start making nutrient dense plant foods your top priority you will notice old emotional food triggers and addictions naturally fall to the way side. Knowledge is power. It’s important to educate yourself on the healing power and benefits of a plant based diet as well as opening your eyes to the dangers & pitfalls of consuming animal based foods. For example: If I knew that every time I reached for a milk chocolate bar that I was potentially supporting child slavery and human trafficking (by not checking where the cocoa was sourced) http://www.foodispower.org/ as well as contributing to the torture and enslavement of a sentient species (Cows produce milk to nourish their offspring. They do not want to give their milk to us.) & environmental pollution etc I would have learned ethical and cruelty free options a lot earlier in my life saving myself a lot of heartache.
There are a few power house educators trailblazing the way for those interested in plant based health and nutrition.
– Dr.Joel Fuhrman author of “The End of Heart Disease” & “Eat To Live” www.drfuhrman.com for example recommends eating GBOMBS daily. GBOMBS are an acronym for Greens, Berries, Onions, Mushrooms, Beans and Seeds.
– Dr. John Mcdougall M.D. A board certified doctor with a proven, results driven practice out of Santa Rosa, California. His website is an online database with FREE information that you need to make the changes necessary to heal & educate yourself. Author of “The Starch Solution & The Healthiest Diet on the Planet” www.drmcdougall.com
– Dr. Michael Greger M.D. author of “How Not To Die”. An avid nutritional researcher Dr. Greger’s website www.nutritionfacts.org will arm you with the power to make informed decisions on what foods to include and exclude in your daily menu.
– T. Colin Campbell author of “Whole” & “The China Study” founder of https://nutritionstudies.org Scientific trail blazer correlating the relationship between casein protein and cancer growth in rats.
– Dr. Neal Barnard M.D. author of “The Cheese Trap” Founder of www.pcrm.org
– Dr. Dean Ornish M.D. author of “The Spectrum Diet” www.ornish.com The medical doctor who treated ex president Bill Clinton. Discovered a corelation between meat consumption and heart disease.
– Dr. Esselstyn author of “Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease” http://www.dresselstyn.com/
– Dr. Melanie Joy founder of www.carnism.org Melanie coined the term carnism and explains how it became normal & acceptable in our society to consume cows & pigs yet love dogs & cats.
Read: How Not To Die, Eat To Live, The Starch Solution, The China Study, Whole, Mad Cowboy, Proteinaholic, The Kind Diet, The End of Heart Disease, Spectrum Diet
Watch: (these are available on Netflix & YouTube) What The Health, Eating You Alive, Forks Over Knives, Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, Cowspiracy, Plant Pure Nation, Rotten, Food Inc., Food Matters, Farm to Fridge, Earthlings, Dr. Melanie Joy -The Psychology of Carnism,
S.A.D. Vegan Style: (sure to please everyone!) www.ohsheglows.com, www.minimalistbaker.com, www.isachandra.com, www.itstodiefor.ca THUG KITCHEN