Going vegan/plant based is probably one of the most important, beautiful & beneficial decisions you will ever make. For your own physical/emotional health as well as that of the planet.
These are my favourite resources to inspire and educate you with transitioning to a whole food plant based lifestyle. You will prevent, reverse & heal many common chronic diseases as well as experience easy & natural weight loss.
To quote a phrase I saw from Hallelujah Acres, “Fall in love with food again”.
Knowledge is power. It’s important to educate yourself on the healing power and benefits of a plant based diet as well as opening your eyes to the dangers & pitfalls of consuming animal based foods.
WHOLE FOOD, PLANT BASED RESOURCES:
– Dr.Joel Fuhrman author of “The End of Heart Disease” & “Eat To Live” www.drfuhrman.com for example recommends eating GBOMBS daily. GBOMBS are an acronym for Greens, Berries, Onions, Mushrooms, Beans and Seeds.
– Dr. John Mcdougall M.D. A board certified doctor with a proven, results driven practice out of Santa Rosa, California. His website is an online database with FREE information that you need to make the changes necessary to heal & educate yourself. Author of “The Starch Solution & The Healthiest Diet on the Planet” www.drmcdougall.com
– Dr. Michael Greger M.D. author of “How Not To Die”. An avid nutritional researcher Dr. Greger’s website www.nutritionfacts.org will arm you with the power to make informed decisions on what foods to include and exclude in your daily menu.
– T. Colin Campbell author of “Whole” & “The China Study” founder of https://nutritionstudies.org Scientific trail blazer correlating the relationship between casein protein and cancer growth in rats.
– Dr. Neal Barnard M.D. author of “The Cheese Trap” Founder of www.pcrm.org
– Dr. Dean Ornish M.D. author of “The Spectrum Diet” www.ornish.com The medical doctor who treated ex president Bill Clinton. Discovered a corelation between meat consumption and heart disease.
– Dr. Esselstyn author of “Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease” http://www.dresselstyn.com/
– Dr. Melanie Joy founder of www.carnism.org Melanie coined the term carnism and explains how it became normal & acceptable in our society to consume cows & pigs yet love dogs & cats.
Read: How Not To Die, Eat To Live, The Starch Solution, The China Study, Whole, Mad Cowboy, Proteinaholic, The Kind Diet, The End of Heart Disease, Spectrum Diet, The End of Diabetes
Watch: (these are available on Netflix & YouTube) What The Health, Eating You Alive, Forks Over Knives, Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, Cowspiracy, Plant Pure Nation, Rotten, Food Inc., Food Matters, Farm to Fridge, Earthlings, Dr. Melanie Joy -The Psychology of Carnism, Dominion